Career Practitioner (SEND)
Ani Bolina Careers Practitioner (SEND) from the Careers education, information and guidance team are starting to contact families of Year 14 to discuss and plans for next year, if you need advice and guidance on education, employment and training please contact her on 07548 117 038.
NASH Open Day
Starting in September 2021
- Open afternoon | Monday 26 October 2020 (during the half term)
Nash College | Croydon Road | Bromley | Kent | BR2 7AG
Reception: 020 8315 4800 | Transitions: 020 8315 4844
The Head of College will do an introduction to the curriculum at 1pm in the hall. Visitors can then look round.
If parents/carers want to come later it will be a walk and talk tour any time between 1.30 and 3.30pm. However, you will need to let us know your names and arrival times.
Lewisham College Open Day
Supported Learning Department at Lewisham College will be holding virtual open mornings once a month (please see dates below).
They will be held on Wednesdays at 11am and will consist of a virtual tour of the college, a presentation and time at the end for any questions.
- Parents can attend any session, but need to register their interest beforehand.
This is the link to register for an event: https://www.lewisham.ac.uk/opendays/event/71-supported-learning-virtual-event
Dates for SSL open morning
14 October 2020, 18 November 2020, 16 December 2020, 20 January 2021, 10 February 2021, 17 March 2021, 21 April 2021, 19 May 2021 and 16 June 2021
Selina George | Curriculum Manager – Supported Learning | Lewisham College
Lewisham Way | London | SE4 1UT
Direct Line: 020 3757 3860 | Main Line: 020 3757 3000
SENCO and Parent/Carer Support Team
|Rachel Dunlop | Assistant Principal, KS3, DSL
||Sue Batstone | Associate SENCO
|Sara Johnson | Family Support Worker
and School Counsellor
|Linzi Fennings | SENCO Administrator
What the SENCO and Parent/Carer Support Team does
Statements of SEND and EHCPs
- Annual Reviews of Statement of SEND and EHCP
- Drawing up and updating EHCP Profiles
- Transfers from Statement of SEND to EHCP
- Point of information around Statements and EHCPs for staff, students and parents
- Parent/carer queries
- Placement advice and support
- Work in conjunction with the Local Authority(s)
- Charlton Chit Chat – Informal forum for parents to meet and offer mutual support
- Training e.g. behaviour management, sleep issues
- Activities e.g. flower arranging, stress busting course, parental wellbeing
- Benefit advice and support e.g. applying for benefits and appealing decisions
- Links to external providers including Greenwich Parent Voice, and City Lit
Parent/Carer information: www.charltonparkacademy.com/Parent-Carers
Local Authority Liaison
- Liaison around placement, EHCP plans and transition
- Social care liaison
- Completion and submission of referrals and/or support with this
Other roles and responsibilities
For all SENCO related enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Principal, KS3 Leader, Head of Music, DSL
Family Support Worker/ School Counsellor