This year we are working on achieving the Excellence in Pupil Development Award.
At Charlton Park Academy we feel that we provide a curriculum that promotes personal development beginning at key stage 3 through to ley stage 5, leading to transition to a successful adulthood in the wider community. The achievement of the Excellence in Pupil Development Award will demonstrate how we embed the essential requirements needed for a culture and ethos in school that is committed to continuously working on the personal development of all our students.
There are 8 objectives to achieve this award, containing several Key Performance Indicators set out within each. The award focuses on reviewing and improving a range of aspects of our provision to improve students’ personal development and skills. Students should become more aware of themselves and others; respectful and empathetic. They will have a developed sense of responsibility towards their community, the environment and the world in which they live. Importantly, they will be prepared for life beyond school.
With this award, we will demonstrate our commitment to:
- Promote personal development as part of everyday school life.
- Ensure that all members of the school community understand the ethos and practice expected in the school.
- Develop students’ knowledge and skills of personal development within our curriculums.
- Building partnerships with other professional bodies and charities to develop students’ understanding of support available to them, especially in relation to their safety and wellbeing.
- Develop students’ positive attitudes towards behaviour for learning.
- Build students’ knowledge and skills necessary to manage risks and know what support is available to them.
- Encourage students to value what is available to them locally and to understand their place in the community and how they can contribute.