Charlton Park Academy run After School, Saturday Clubs and Holiday Schemes. If you would like more details or to register your interest please email Chris or Rebecca:
DSL (after school hours)
The next Holiday Scheme
Summer Scheme: July-August 2018
- Monday 30 July – Friday 24 August 2018
AllKidsCan are pleased to confirm they will run a Summer Scheme based at Charlton Park Academy, funded by the Royal Borough of Greenwich, between 30 July 2018 – 24 August 2018 (4 weeks). The scheme will be open to young people of all disabilities who live or go to school in the Royal Borough of Greenwich aged 11-19 years.
Saturday Club: June – July 2018
The deadline for all registrations is Friday 18 May 2018. All requests after this time will unfortunately not be considered for places for this block of Saturdays.
You can register your child in one of two ways:
- Contact Chris Eather on the following details
Chris Eather – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07785794274
Rebecca Mason – email@example.com or call 07714739780
- Go to www.charltonparkacademy.com/enrichment/clubs/cpa-activity-schemes-clubs and fill out a contact form.
Letter to Parents/Carers: Saturday Club – June-July 2018
What parents/carers say …
‘Keep up the good work. Excellent Scheme. I would change a thing, the fact that my son is safe and smiles when he returns every is one of the best things’
Parent of Summer Scheme Club Attendee, 2017
‘My Daughter enjoyed the play scheme. The Staff are excellent and very friendly, I have peace of mind knowing my child is in safe hands’
Parent of Summer Scheme attendee, 2017
‘My child’s excitement of seeing the bus when it pulls up outside our house tells me how much he has loved the scheme’
Parent of Summer Scheme attendee, 2017
After School Clubs
Stage Right (Drama)
What does each club consist of?
- Cooking Club – using the two cookery rooms in the school, students get a chance at developing skills and confidence cooking and baking and enjoying the results of their own work.
- Dance Club – encouraging movement and learning routines to popular music delivered by a trained dance teacher from AllKidsCan.
- Swimming Club – Swimming club is now available on Tuesday and Thursday’s using the swimming pool onsite. Each club is limited to a maximum of 12 students and will be chosen on a first come first serve basis.
- Sensory Club – this club includes use of sensory rooms around the school. We also may have sensory circuits set up in the hall with occasional use of the swimming pool and trampolines.
- Football Club – basic skill practices and understanding of games and competition, a fun way to be active.
- Creative Club – encourages creativity and imagination, activities include painting, crafts – students work goes towards an exhibition at the end of term. Next term we are combining the Art and Music club so students will have the chance to take part in both as part of the creative club.
- Stage Right (Drama Club) – Stage right has been a club running in school for many years which involves singing, dancing and drama leading up to a performance at the end of term for parents and class members.
All clubs will now run from 3:15 to 4:30 at the school.
All afterschool clubs are charged at £7 per session. All courses will run this term for 10 weeks.
All payments will need to be paid by cash or a cheque made payable to Charlton Park Academy in a named envelope. If you intend on paying for your place via Direct Payments then you will need to confirm that this is possible with CDWT team (call 0208 921 2599 or email CWDT.Duty@royalgreenwich.gov.uk
All afterschool clubs are allocated on a first come first serve basis and are limited to a maximum number of students, all return slips should be sent into school via your child’s school contact books or alternatively dropped directly to the main school office.
CPA Saturday Club
Saturday Clubs have started in the summer term at Charlton Park Academy and runs in five week blocks. The club runs from 9am-2pm and each session will include transport for your child to and from the facility at which we will be based that day (pickups from 8:15 – drop offs until 2.30pm).
- The scheme will include on and off-site activities such as farm trips, theme parks, swimming, park outings and many other enjoyable and fully accessible activities. All programmes will be designed bespoke to the needs of the group to ensure that all students benefit from the scheme.
- This scheme is open to young people aged 11-25 years for existing Charlton Park Academy students (including students due to start in September)
- If your child has already attended any of the CPA Schemes you will not have to re-register however you will need to request a place via email, phone or fill in the ‘register your interest form’ below . These places are not guaranteed until they have been confirmed.
If this is the first time on a CPA Scheme please contact:
Tel. 020 8249 6844 / 07785 794 274
Once registered you will be contacted to confirm your child’s place and to arrange a payment. Please note that your child is not guaranteed a place on the first 5 week scheme. If this is the case, you’ll be offered a place on the next course.
The fees for the 5 week programme will be £200 (concessions may be available upon request). All schemes run in conjunction with the school are eligible for direct payments. Alternatively, places can be paid via cheque or cash made payable to Charlton Park Academy.
Charlton Park Academy run Holiday Schemes for children of all disabilities and provides them with the opportunity to socialise with young people from school.
Each day the children will be picked up by our buses and brought to Charlton Park Academy. The scheme is based at Charlton Park Academy with both on and off activities including bowling, swimming, seaside visits (summer), arts and craft and more.
The timings for the scheme will be 10am – 3pm except on days of trips (9am-3pm). To register your young person on the scheme you will need to attend one of the following registration sessions at Charlton Park Academy.
To request a place please contact Chris or Rebecca via email, phone or fill in the register your interest form.