Individual Learning Pathway and Individual Plans
All students attending Charlton Park Academy Post-16 have a learning pathway.
- Vocational Learning
- Personal and Social Development
- Foundation learning
- Functional Skills and Life Skills
- Enrichment Opportunities.
In addition, all students will have an Individual Education Plan, with three successive plans across the academic year, linked into the annual review of statement procedures. Some students may also have other individual plans, such as behaviour management plans, care plans and MOVE* programmes.
*(MOVE is an acronym for Movement Opportunities Via Education)
Copies of all education documents are available to both students and their parents and/or carers.
Vocational Learning currently includes:
- Work related learning
- Leisure courses
Personal and Social Development
In the Charlton Park Academy Post-16, personal and social development opportunities include:
- PHSE and Citizenship education
- Transition Planning
- Person Centred Planning
- Travel Training
- Relationships and Sex Education
- Social Skills
The foundation learning range of accredited courses is being expanded, opportunities for 2015-2016 include:
- BTEC Courses
- Duke of Edinburgh Awards – Bronze and Silver (depending on ability)
- Entry Levels at Level 1, 2 and 3 in a wide range of subjects
- ASDAN qualifications
- Art at GCSE and A Level
- Functional Skills – Maths/English 1-2
- Arts Award – Bronze/Silver
- ASDAN Towards Independence
- ASDAN Short Courses
- Equals Moving On
Please discuss with the Head of Post-16 any specific expectations and aspirations that you may have – we may be able to accommodate these. Accredited courses provided will vary according to the individual, and will be discussed within the application process. The individual foundation learning plan should build upon the achievements of KS3 and KS4.
Functional Skills and Life Skills
The focus on functional skills and life skills is a key feature of the Post-16, as our students are all moving towards adulthood. The provision on offer will include:
- Meal preparation
- Financial capability
- Culture Independent Study
- Physical Education
- Functional Skills English/Maths 1-2
- Maths and English Functional Skills Level 1 and 2
- Independent Living, Meal Preparation, In the community, Travel training, Communication
- Computing is embedded across the curriculum.
- Students who have completed their GCSE in Art will continue with AS level Art.
- Life Skills/Work Skills
Charlton Park Academy
We have planned our Post-16 curriculum around the needs of the students and their learning needs, this was from feedback from students, families and other stakeholders during our Charlton Park consultation.
We review our curriculum offer in the light of feedback from students, family and staff.
Post-16 Curriculum: Charlton Park Academy
Equals Moving on curriculum
|World Studies||Life Skills||Vocational Studies|
|Science Technology Foreign Cultures Creativity World Religions||Personal, Social and Health Education Citizenship Leisure and Recreation Daily Living Skills Horticulture||Work Related Learning Careers Education & Guidance / Post School Planning|
Students will be gain Accreditation for these courses through AQA unit awards and ASDAN
– Towards Independence.
We feel this curriculum will support our students for their future.