Individual Learning Pathway and Individual Plans
All students attending Charlton Park Academy Post-16
have a learning pathway.
- Vocational Learning
- Personal and Social Development
- Foundation learning
- Functional Skills and Life Skills
- Enrichment Opportunities.
In addition, all students will have an Individual Education Plan, with three successive plans across the academic year, linked into the annual review of statement procedures. Some students may also have other individual plans, such as behaviour management plans, care plans and MOVE* programmes.
*(MOVE is an acronym for Movement Opportunities Via Education)
Copies of all education documents are available to both students and their parents and/or carers.
Vocational Learning currently includes:
- Work related learning
- Leisure courses
Personal and Social Development
In the Charlton Park Academy Post-16, personal and social development opportunities include:
- PHSE and Citizenship education
- Transition Planning
- Person Centred Planning
- Travel Training
- Relationships and Sexuality Education
- Social Skills
The foundation learning range of accredited courses
- Duke of Edinburgh Awards – Bronze and Silver (depending on ability)
- Entry Levels at Level 1, 2 and 3 in a wide range of subjects
- ASDAN qualifications
- Art at GCSE and A Level
- Arts Award – Bronze/Silver
- ASDAN Towards Independence
- ASDAN Short Courses