Parent/Carer Support Group: Signs4Life
A basic deaf awareness and sign language workshop
Signs4Life is leading efforts towards a society in which deaf and disabled people have full access and are working to raise the public and political awareness of disability provision.
Our courses are tailored for both staff and volunteers.
- Identify the barriers that deaf and hard of hearing people face.
- List the ways in which deaf and hard of hearing people communicate.
- Understand and demonstrate how to implement positive methods of communication, and offer an equal service to deaf and hard of hearing people.
- Recognise basic everyday signs (Good morning/afternoon, do you need any help? What is your name? Please, thank you, let me help you).
- Apply the finger-spelling alphabet.
- Explore the deaf community & culture.