Benefit Matter – Royal Borough of Greenwich
Text © Royal Borough of Greenwich
The April issue of ‘Benefit Matters’ – the quarterly newsletter from Royal Greenwich’s Welfare Rights Service for advisers and staff. The newsletter gives information about important benefit changes and the current work of the Service.
This issue includes:
- Changes for mixed age couples from 15 May – make sure your clients don’t miss out!
- Timeline of recent and forthcoming benefit changes
- Tribunal Reform Programme
- A benefit spotlight on council tax discounts and exemptions
We also have our usual Universal Credit update – topics include:
- Sources of support with making and managing UC claims – Citizens Advice Bureau’s new UC “Help to claim” service” and Royal Greenwich Universal Support Team.
- Families with 3 or more children
- Government plans to move existing claimants to UC (managed migration)
- 11 January High Court ruling that DWP’s method of assessing monthly earnings is unlawful
- Protection for severely disabled claimants